Unfortunately drivers are often deactivated without any substantial cause.
If this happens to you here is a list of the things we suggest you do:
- First make sure you join our Facebook Group and make a post explaining what happened and asking for suggestions as what to do. Make sure you keep the group updated and think of ideas to build relationships and power with other drivers. Find our group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ridesharedrivercooperativeqld/.
- Read about the laws that relate to rideshare work here. You can also contact Legal Aid Qld to find out your rights and what evidence you may need to gather. Contact them here: https://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/
- Contact the Qld Ombudsman to make a complaint and ask them to mediate the situation. Contact them here: https://www.ombudsman.qld.gov.au/
- Read up on the legislation and rules that may impact what will happen and the law in your circumstances here: https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/business-industry/Taxi-and-limousine/Industry-information/Industry-regulations
- Contact the Queensland Transport Ministers Office so they know what drivers are experiencing. Advocate to them for our Log of Claims. Their contact details are here: https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/members/current/list/MemberDetails?ID=93042746